Crop Tops in November

11:10 AM

Photo Credit: Lindsey Smith
Shirt - Boohoo
Jeans - Topshop
Cardigan - New Look
Belt - Madewell
Booties - New Look
Jacket - Oasis
Bag - Rebecca Minkoff

I spent Saturday trying a new burger joint in New York City (it's called Mother Burger, very highly recommend!), then attending a Drunk TED Talk all about boy bands (my kind of intellectual conversation). While my friend that I did all of this with had the perfect shirt for the occasion that declared "Stressed, Depressed, Boy Band Obsessed," I, unfortunately, didn't.

Although it wasn't the warmest of days, it's been a fairly warm November, so I decided to break out one of my favorite crop tops from Boohoo and simply layer it with my insanely cozy New Look cardigan. I covered up with a jacket I got while I was studying abroad in Cardiff, Wales last semester after rolling up my jeans for my booties.

Yesterday was such a good day. The speakers at the Drunk TED Talk (I should probably note they're not officially affiliated with TED Talks) were hilarious and my nacho burger (like I said, highly recommend if you're ever in town) and fries were so delicious. But, I think what really made my day was when a girl caught up to me on the sidewalk to tell me she loved my hair and that it was glistening in the sun. Actual quote: "It's glistening in the sun and I was like, 'What is that?!' It's beautiful."

I know in the grand scheme of things, that particular compliment was something so small and trivial, but in general, girls complimenting other girls, hands down, always makes me smile.

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. you're so adorable!! this totally made me smile :D

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much!! Your comment made me smile :) you too!!

      Delete
  2. Aw, these outfits are so gorgeous (especially loving the cardigan, what a fab colour!), and you look so happy and radiant. :) Thank you for sharing! x

    Following on bloglovin' <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much!! That's so sweet of you. I picked up the cardigan literally two seconds after I walked into New Look and refused to put it down haha. Followed back! <3

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love your style as well. :)

      Delete
  4. I love your coat!!! :) Xx

    -Mitzee

    mitzeeruth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The one good thing about it getting colder is that I get to break it out again :)

      Delete
  5. Your jacket is gorgeous! Cute look x

    eleanorfrances.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit suits you so well! I love croptops, just that they somehow don't suit me, haha :p You suit croptops really well, and I love your style and photography! Also love your necklace and the bag. <3

    xxx Ilse | www.ilsedanielle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way about crop tops for the longest time, but somewhere along the way, they've ended up taking up a huge part of my closet haha! It did take me a little bit to really get into it though. I'm sure you can pull them off too! Thank you so much, I appreciate it!! <3

      Delete

Don't Miss This

Playlist Necessities: Christmas Music Part 2

Twitter