I Woke Up Like This... in Philly

11:00 AM


Sweater - Kitson/Private Party
Leggings - Lululemon
Booties - New Look
Bag - Longchamp
Scarf - Honestly... a random rest stop at least a decade ago, I think?
Sunglasses - Buffalo Exchange (and they don't say where they're originally from)

I'm normally not traveling this much, but this weekend, one of my best friends and I went to Philadelphia for the weekend to go to James Bay's concert at the Fillmore on Friday! I went to inner city Philly for a week every summer throughout high school, but I hadn't been back to the rest of Philly since my fifth grade school trip, so it was like visiting for the first time.

I knew how close Philly was, but I didn't realize how quick the drive was -- just an hour and a half! -- until we drove over Friday morning. Getting up on Friday was a bit of a struggle because we had tickets to VH1 Big Music in 2015: You Oughta Know for Thursday night. It was an incredible show from Tori Kelly to James Bay to Mel B hosting, but because it was a two-hour live TV taping, we were there hours before the taping started and didn't get home till after midnight... and I still hadn't packed.

Because of that, I was in no mood to try and get dressed, especially when I knew I'd be sitting in a car for a couple hours, when I woke up the next morning. I wore my trusty Lulus with my favorite Beyonce-inspired sweatshirt, which went with my mood, for an all-black emsemble to try and appear somewhat put together, despite my lack of sleep and effort. It worked perfectly for a mini road trip and some sightseeing before the concert!

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. What an adorable top! You look so cute!

    www.lincolnparksharp.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Can't go wrong with Beyonce :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm so picky with sunglasses, but was happy with this find. :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous backdrop. The murals are so colorful and playful. Love it!

    www.stylegonerogue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Discovering all the murals was one of my favorite parts of Philly!

      Delete
  4. Ha! Love that sweatshirt :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I saw it last year while out with a friend and HAD to get it. :)

      Delete
  5. What a clever sweatshirt! Love anything Beyonce related :) Hope you enjoyed the concert!

    xx Yasmin
    http://banglesandbungalows.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) I had the best time, thank you so much!!

      Delete

Don't Miss This

Playlist Necessities: Christmas Music Part 2

Twitter