Layering Up in Boston

4:10 PM


Sweater - Topshop
Dress - Urban Outfitters
Socks - Urban Outfitters
Boots - Ferragamo
Hat - Francesca's

I'm back from my weekend in Boston! I had the best time with my friends, even if we did lose miserably at our hockey game... It was nice to be back on campus, even just for a couple days, and walk around the city that I miss so much. I didn't fall in love with Boston the way a lot of my friends did when we first started attending our school freshman year, but I think I really saw what's so amazing about the city this weekend.

Don't get me wrong, I've always loved Boston. I wouldn't have picked it as my college city if I didn't. But, I never appreciated the things that make it Boston - and not New York or Los Angeles - until now. It's either that, or I'm just extremely antsy to get back there next semester.

It was a strange November visit because it wasn't the typical freezing weather you expect from New England. I even ditched my jacket back in New York before getting on the bus because I was so hot and was already carrying too many things! Fortunately, thanks to my fuzzy Topshop sweater and knee-highs, I still managed to stay warm as we did our usual shopping on Newbury and lunch at Woody's.

My favorite part, though, is my hat! I found it at Francesca's maybe half an hour before this photo was taken. I've been wanting a good hat to add to my (nonexistent) collection for at least a year now, but I'm the type of person who just doesn't look good in hats, so have consequently never found one I liked enough to purchase. As soon as I put this one on, my friend Summer immediately said I had to get it before I even had a chance to look in the mirror. She was right.

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. Summer made an excellent point concerning the hat, you look lovely - and cosy!

    http://whatkatiewatched.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My fuzzy sweaters are definitely some of the coziest things I own!

      Delete
  2. You look so cute! Love this outfit, especially the hat!

    Lina / lina-khalifa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I have a new favorite item in my closet :)

      Delete
  3. I'm in love with this whole look! That hat looks great on you! I'm following your blog now, would love if you followed me back :)

    www.lincolnparksharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that hat !

    http://afrogenik.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a spontaneous buy, but I'm happy with it :)

      Delete
  5. omg, i loved the top!

    http://turndownforfashion.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i live pretty close to boston but i don't go enough! love this look, perfect for fall :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, it's definitely worth the trip, especially if you're close! :) Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Pastel pink and burgandy go well together surprisingly. You look fab by the way.
    http://anythingandeverything.weebly.com/blog/winter-and-autumn-essentials

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a color combo I never tried before! I was very pleased with it though. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  8. This outfit is so cute!!! I love your fuzzy sweater! So cute :) xx

    -Mitzee

    mitzeeruth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definitely a winter staple. :)

      Delete

Don't Miss This

Playlist Necessities: Christmas Music Part 2

Twitter