Playlist Necessities: Frances

11:30 AM

Once in a while, I'm so excited for a concert that I forget to even look up the opening act. In this particular case, my friend Lindsey had taken care of purchasing the tickets for our James Bay concert in Philly last Friday, and I took care of adding it to my iCal. After that, I was so excited to see James live again that I never even asked Lindsey who was opening for him until we were standing in front of the stage inside the Fillmore.

I'm almost glad that I didn't look up Frances, James' opening act, beforehand because I was absolutely blown away by her voice, personality, and musicality by watching her live. I think music is meant to be shared and enjoyed live, so in a way, I'm happy that my first time hearing Frances wasn't through my laptop speakers, but completely live. The only downside is that I could've started listening to her therapeutic music much earlier, but better late than never, right?

My current obsession is "When It Comes to Us," but my favorites change on a daily basis, so I'm sure her entire discography will take the top spot at some point.


Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Ill have to check her music out - opening acts are such a good way to find amazing new music!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've found so much great music through opening acts.

      Delete
  2. I'll have to check out her song! I actually just posted a fall playlist on my blog too so maybe I'll have to make this an addition to the playlist :) Great post!

    www.lincolnparksharp.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I can definitely imagine listening to Frances with a cup of hot cocoa surrounded by colorful leaves. :) Thank you!

      Delete

Don't Miss This

Playlist Necessities: Christmas Music Part 2

Twitter