Playlist Necessities: Oh Honey, Tori Kelly, Emma Blackery, P!nk

1:06 PM

Time and time again, I say I'm going to start blogging, do, forget, rinse, then repeat. This is no different, but it feels different. Without getting too personal in the corner I've created for myself on the ever-exposing Internet, I haven't been in the best state mentally, and after a lot of thinking, I decided it's time to do something about it.

So, here I am, back on Via Sora starting fresh, to write about things that make me happy, whether it's fashion or friends, traveling or... tea. (I really just wanted some alliteration, and I do love tea, but I doubt I'll be writing about that here.)


I think coming up with a first post is always the most stressful, but seeing as I'm currently completing my first ever co-op in the music industry, and have been turning to music now more than ever, I thought it made sense to kick things off with a few songs that make me happy without fail.

It Can't Rain Forever - Oh Honey
A friend introduced me to Oh Honey last year on a drive back to our apartments after a beautiful day at Laguna Beach. "It Can't Rain Forever" always serves as a good reminder when I need it most.

Perfect (Acoustic) - Emma Blackery
I don't remember how I came across this song, to be honest, but I do remember immediately adding it to my "don't worry, be happy" playlist after the first play.

Unbreakable Smile - Tori Kelly
"Unbreakable Smile" makes me happy for a number of reasons - the message, the melody, and that voice! I've been a fan of Tori's for years, so not only does this song just make me happy, but it also reminds me of all her well-deserved success lately.

Today's the Day - P!nk

Anyone who knows anything about me knows how much I love Ellen, so when I found out that P!nk had recorded a new theme song for season 13, I was a little spectacle - not because I doubted it would be a great song, but because "Let's have a little fun today" just has a very special place in my heart. As soon as I heard "Today's the Day," however, all skepticism faded. This is on my happiness playlist, my morning playlist, you name it.

Today's the day I've been waiting for.


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Tori Kelly as such an amazing voice, have to listen to more of her at some point!
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! If you haven't heard it yet, I recommend her duet with Ed Sheeran, "I Was Made for Loving You" :) and will do!

      Delete
  2. Big Ellen fan over here too, I had no idea she was getting a new theme song- I feel like it's the end of an era.

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's definitely sad to see her old theme song go, but I think "Today's the Day" sums up the show and Ellen's message well!

      Delete

Don't Miss This

Playlist Necessities: Christmas Music Part 2

Twitter