Getting Festive in New York City

1:39 PM

Dress - Nobody's Child
Tights - Marshall's
Shoes - New Look
Ring - Forever 21 (I think!)
Bag - Hermes

My friend and I went around the city on Saturday to really dive into the Christmas spirit! ...Or, at least we tried to. We totally forgot to account for SantaCon, so trying to get anywhere near the Rockefeller tree was a nightmare. We ended up just sticking to our food plans for the day - Thai food for dinner and then Serendipity for dessert!

I've been to Serendipity once before, but it was a weekday in October, so the wait wasn't that bad. This time around, my friend put her name down at 5:30 or 5:45 p.m. before we met up and we didn't get seated until 9 p.m. Even when we were leaving, I heard the hostess telling guests it would be a three hour wait. Crazy!

I was so excited to wear my dress from Nobody's Child. I ordered way too much after discovering them and have been living in their clothes since my package arrived. Once I made these Christmas plans with my friend Angel, I saved this dress for the occasion. It felt muted enough that I know Christmas is still around the corner, but still in the holiday spirit. I paired it with black tights, but I didn't need them at all! The temperature was in the 60s even after the sun set, and I could've gotten away with still breaking out some crop tops and it's halfway through December!

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. Even though you didn't get to go to the Rockefeller tree, I still think Christmas in New York is amazing! Just the general atmosphere is sooo beautiful! Hope you're having a wonderful time <3

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I've seen it and walked by the plaza going to work some days, but I haven't properly visited the tree this year yet. Thank you, you as well! Happy Holidays to you <3

      Delete
  2. Cute dress! It looks great on you!
    xo, Vitri

    www.vanillalash.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I love these festive snaps - the photo of you with the tasty-looking drink is so lovely! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And if you're ever in town, it's the frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity. Definitely a must-try :)

      Delete
  4. That dress is gorgeous! I am so in love with this outfit. You look great!

    XO Raquel
    www.lincolnparksharp.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress! And it sounds like you had a great time in the city.
    ~Lili
    www.thefashionsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes! It was hectic, but it always is haha.

      Delete
  6. Must be dreamy this time of the year! Love the dress!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so many lights everywhere you look! :) Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Great dress! One of the places I didn't make it to while in NY was Serendipity. I am still sad about it!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you'll definitely have to go next time you're in the city! Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Ah this sounds like a fabulous night, and I've heard so much about Serendipity. Can't believe there's a three hour wait though, that's insane!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know! The first time I went, it wasn't as crazy, but it definitely gets busier around the holidays.

      Delete
  9. This is truly a wonderful post on getting festive in NYC. New York is my favorite place and I really love being there. You know I always celebrate Christmas in NYC. Well, this year I will be celebrating this day at the most popular event venues Los Angeles. I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish I could say the same haha. Have an amazing time!!

      Delete

Don't Miss This

Playlist Necessities: Christmas Music Part 2

Twitter