Playlist Necessities: Fifth Harmony

9:40 PM


I love finding new music and discovering artists, but I definitely don't shy away from Top 40 and good ol' pop. So, when I found out that the lovely ladies of Fifth Harmony went TRIPLE PLATINUM today with their single "Worth It," I knew I had to do a post dedicated solely to them.

I've supported Fifth Harmony since the very beginning. I admit to having my doubts with their first live performance on "The X Factor" (also not a fan of the song), but I remembered how they slayed at Judges' Houses and didn't lose faith. I even wrote a post about why I loved Fifth Harmony right after their season ended when I was interning at J-14.

Needless to say, I'm a huge fan of these five ladies, not only for their music, but for everything they stand for. I've been so excited with all the attention that "Worth It" has been getting them worldwide, but it's far from their best song. These are three of the fierce girl group's songs that I think deserve more attention:

I was obsessed with "We Know" right from their first performance of it long before they (finally) released their debut album "Reflection" last February. It's one of the few songs where you can really hear the girls' impressive vocals and why they're called Fifth Harmony. Plus, it takes me back to the 90s and I'm all for that.

Honestly, I still haven't been able to put my finger on just what it is about this song that I love so much, but it always gets me pumped up. I think it's the bass and the beat that just puts me in a good mood. I also never get tired of watching performances of "This is How We Roll."

This one is a bit of a throwback, but it never gets old for me. "Who Are You" makes me emotional every time I hear it. The lyrics are relatable, the runs are impeccable, and the harmonies are on point. It's another one where you can hear each individual girl show the strengths of her voice.

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I really like that We Know song! I haven't heard the other ones until now but I like them too, I'm a fan of Fifth Harmony:)

    XO Raquel
    www.lincolnparksharp.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, glad I could share them with you!! :)

      Delete
  2. Actually never listened to them before, but I'll give them a shot! Thanks for the recommendation, dear. :D

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I think they're a lot more talented and have so much more to give than their album shows, to be honest, but it's still always a good jam.

      Delete
  3. Great post ! Thanks for sharing !
    Nina
    xox
    www.titritmode.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am into fierce girl band lyrics ever since the Spice Girls made their appearance (yes, I am that old), so thank you for introducing me.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, not old! I grew up with the Spice Girls! Of course :) glad I could share.

      Delete
  5. i really like fifth harmony they have really amazing songs and they are all about girl power and worth it is just an amazing song

    ❀ http://fashionlandfb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I love everything they stand for and how empowering they are as women.

      Delete

Don't Miss This

Playlist Necessities: Christmas Music Part 2

Twitter