Risking Double Denim

10:00 AM

Crop top - American Apparel
Jeans - Topshop
Denim jacket - J. Crew
Boots - ECCO

As frowned upon as it may be, there are still people out there who can pull off double denim looks and I just look at them with jealousy. Granted, they're usually stunners like Zendaya who could probably pull off a garbage bag, but still.

I tend to avoid the look altogether, but wasn't left with much choice this weekend as the weather stayed in the 60s, even after the sun set. Seeing as it's over halfway through December, I'd taken a lot of my lighter fall coats home already and didn't have those thinner outer layers with me in New York for when I went to meet up with a friend at the Christmas markets in Bryant Park. Without many options, I took the plunge and went for the denim jacket, even though I was wearing my darker jeans already.

To further take advantage of the warm weather, I went for a crop top, but chose my fuzzy lavender one because despite what my weather app said, wearing a crop top in December just seemed like I was asking to get sick. And apparently, I love fuzzy things.

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. Replies
    1. It is! Such a beautiful place this time of year. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. I love your double denim look! It's so chic.

    nolongergrey.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a bit of double denim! Great choice x

    eleanorfrances.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks gorgeous! The different tones of denim actually work very well together!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was thinking that was what helped me get away with it haha.

      Delete
  5. the denim on denim is actually really great!!

    Happy Holidays!
    Sabrina | www.gypsytan.co

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice and simple outfit, perfect! Love how you look :)

    Camy xx

    www.osiarah.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOu pulled off the double denim look. Love the pop of lace in this outfit :)

    Have a beautiful day!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little crop top is so cute! That would be so fun to style. You look fabulous as always, Sora!

    XO Raquel
    www.lincolnparksharp.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a fun go-to piece! Aw, thank you so much, Raquel :)

      Delete
  9. I like the look of denim on denim. cute post!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your interpretation of double-denim and wow, what a beautiful setting - so festive! :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, you could definitely feel the Christmas spirit :)

      Delete

Don't Miss This

Playlist Necessities: Christmas Music Part 2

Twitter