Trend Spotlight: Over the Knee Boots

8:07 PM

Missguided - Heeled Knee High Tassel Tie Back Boots in Tan, $38.25 on sale (originally $76.50)
Boohoo.com - Rose Over Knee Cylinder Heel Boot, $70.00

One trend that I've been eyeing for months has been the over the knee boots. I remember seeing Vanessa Hudgens rock this look while I was growing up and loving it, but I was in middle school and my everyday look then consisted of jeans, a t-shirt, and sneakers.

As over the knee and thigh high boots have made a comeback lately, I've found myself drooling over every outfit Perrie Edwards of Little Mix steps out in paired with the look and eyeing every girl I see on the street with the pair that I suddenly feel I need to get.

I've come close to ordering the three pictured above from Missguided, ASOS, and Boohoo countless times on separate occasions, but have never actually checked out with them. There are a few things stopping me. For starters, I love the more slouchy look with the Boohoo boot, but I also think I want a more fitted boot like the ASOS one. And, since I don't have a pair yet, I want my first pair to be black, but I love the heel and cut of the Missguided boot. Needless to say, it's been a never-ending struggle.

With Cyber Monday and Black Friday sales last week, I came very close to purchasing the ASOS boots, but, once again, found myself deleting it from my cart. On top of wanting every version of this trend possible, I think I'm also hesitant about committing because 1. I'm short, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull off such a tall boot, and 2. I feel like boots, especially ones that will go up over my knees, are the type of shoes I need to try on before actually purchasing.

My promise to myself is that I will have a pair of versatile over the knee boots by... some point in the future. I just have to get myself to a store to try on a couple of different pairs and decide what I want. Or, decide that it's worth the risk and just go for it with one of the boots above!

Are there any trends that you're dying to try, but haven't yet?

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. I find over the knee boots really sexy, but am not confident enough to pull them off myself! I adore them on other, though. <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither am I! I keep talking about buying them, but I'm not sure it'll actually happen haha.

      Delete
  2. Love the boots! Especially the Asos ones. Gemma xx
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are the ones I've come close to purchasing the most often!

      Delete
  3. I've been eyeing this trend for a while now too, especially black over the knee boots. I know stuart weitzman makes a ridiculously expensive pair, but those asos ones look similar and much more affordable in comparison. Great post! :)

    XO Raquel
    www.lincolnparksharp.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Love the Stuart Weitzman ones, not that I can afford them haha. I know, I keep eyeing the ASOS ones, but have yet to follow through. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I think they've become such a MUST HAVE in every girl's wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love boots.I don't own any over the knee boots butI love 'em too.These are great
    sophieatieno.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too haha. It's a constant debate on whether or not to order them.

      Delete
  6. I want them too!
    f4f?
    http://highheelpoodl.blogspot.rs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely on the wish list. Followed!

      Delete
  7. Love OTK boots! I got mine at Shoedazzle.com
    Xo
    Jeanie
    www.thefashionlotus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I haven't taken a look there yet. I'll have to do that, thank you!

      Delete
  8. I love the OTK boots trend but have not tried it yet! These boots make an outfit look so stylish!

    Danielle
    www.spring2spring.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! They up the ante of absolutely everything!

      Delete
  9. Love love love OTK boots! I don't have great legs, but still wear them every day!
    Kira
    Kira Is Wearing
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love over the knee boots and wear them often. I have short legs and they look fine, probably because they have a very high heel.
    ~Lili
    www.thefashionsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, yes, heels definitely help! That's part of my struggle, I don't know if I want to go for a high or low heel.

      Delete
  11. Love this trends and the boots that you picked out (: The ASOS ones are just amazing
    Have an amazing day,
    Madalena

    www.maadalenaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, I need to just risk it and buy them, I keep looking at them haha.

      Delete

Don't Miss This

Playlist Necessities: Christmas Music Part 2

Twitter