Fighting the Cold Weather with Beyonce

10:00 AM

Sweater - Kitson/Private Party
Denim button down - Madewell
Jeans - Topshop
Boots - Ferragamo
Coat - It doesn't have a tag, but my friend got it from Goodwill then passed it onto me!

As I'm stuck in a car for a four hour drive back to Boston today, here is one of my final outfits of 2015! After Christmas, one of my best friends and I headed into the city for some fun. (Honestly, we just had a Groupon at Alice's Tea Cup that was expiring soon that we really needed to use.)

After the abnormally warm Christmas, the sudden drop in temperature was a shock to the system, and it just, of course, had to happen on the day that we had decided to go into New York. To try to combat the cold, I layered on as much as I could with my denim shirt and one of my favorite sweaters.

I actually wore another coat originally (my Oasis coat on display here), but I had mentioned in passing to my friend how I'd been looking for a long camel coat. When we got back to her house, she pulled this out of her closet and told me to keep it! It was a Goodwill find from a couple years ago that she still hadn't worn, so though I need to get out the wrinkles, I can't wait to incorporate it regularly into my closet!

You Might Also Like

35 comments

  1. Love the layering in this look, I really liked that coat, that was so nice of your friend haha:)
    Much love <3

    https://fashionsonnets.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, it was so sweet of her!

      Delete
  2. I love this outfit - the coat is gorgeous :)


    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute! I love how you layered the clothes :)

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
  4. That coat is so fun! I love great thrift finds like that. The layering is super cute too!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You can find some really good things for super cheap if you've got the persistence!

      Delete
  5. That coat looks so cozy! Love your outfit.
    Nice post!

    www.nomoretulips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfit to end the year with! You have such a great friend to give you that camel coat! It's gorgeous on you! Woooaaaah! <3

    xx Bash | H E Y   B A S H | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a nice surprise! Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  7. Ohh wow! Love that outfit of yours, you have such great potentials on putting up outfits like that :) have a nice day ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit, The boots look lovely. Gemma xx
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a gorgeous winter look!

    Follow for follow on Instagram, GFC, Bloglovin and Google+? :)
    Capturing Life Memoirs | bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh nooo! Yeah the temperatures dropped so quickly! But it's going to be warm again this weekend so you should plan to come in again. :) Especially Sunday. But it'll also be raining. :( Ok, now that I'm done with the NYC weather forecast, that coat looks fabulous! I love great finds in thrift stores.
    xo
    N
    Style Tomes || Style Tomes on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I wish I could!! I just moved back to school in Boston yesterday otherwise I'd be there. :( Hope you enjoy the nice weather though! And thank you!

      Delete
  11. Ok, love your smile. So cute and pretty! Great outfit for the season. :)
    Appreciate your visit on my blog.

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how you layered this outfit! xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. So in love with your blog! You've got such a fresh style and it really is a pleasure to read it!
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC? If yes just let me know once done and I'll be right back!
    xxxx
    Laura
    http://gowestyoungcowgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll for sure check out your blog. :)

      Delete
  14. I am obsessed with your outfit!! I love how you layered everything xx

    Jac Fleurant
    www.herwearabouts.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a cute outfit! Am loving your coat here. <3
    www.rebelrebel.co x

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss This

Playlist Necessities: Christmas Music Part 2

Twitter