Playlist Necessities: My 2015 Soundtrack - One Direction, OMI, James Bay, Fleur East, G.R.L., NONONO

4:54 PM

It's hard to believe that 2015 has already come to an end. It doesn't even feel like Christmas has passed yet, and my parents and I already took down our tree today. I am definitely excited for what 2016 has in store. It's the year I'll be graduating from college and starting real life adulthood.

The whole idea of it is terrifying and exciting all at the same time, but before I dive headfirst into the new year, I wanted to take a look back at 2015 and the songs that came out of it. According to Spotify, I streamed over 20,000 minutes of music. I can't include all 20,000 minutes of music in one post, but here are some songs that became my soundtrack of 2015.

Pumpin Blood - NONONO
I started off 2015 by studying abroad in Wales with one of my best friends, Summer. We were lucky enough to have a three-week spring break that we spent traveling around Europe. We ended up documenting our adventures with this song, so this will always remind me of being abroad!

Cheerleader - OMI
"Cheerleader" took over my life while I was studying abroad. I heard it every time I went out, every time I stayed in, from drunk passersby yelling at the top of their lungs by my window, then when it started to get radio play in the U.S. just in time for my return. It's overplayed and exhausted at this point, but it still brings back fun memories and laughs and I can't help but jam every time it comes on.

Vacation - G.R.L.
In June, we ended our time abroad with a week vacation in Turkey. After our crazy constant traveling throughout our six months abroad, it was so nice to just relax and actually vacation. This song became our anthem for our Turkish holiday.

If I Ain't Got You (cover) - James Bay
I was fortunate enough in 2015 to see this incredible talent perform twice. All of his songs are brilliant, but his performance of Alicia Keys' "If I Ain't Got You" leaves me absolutely floored every single time.

Sax - Fleur East
Ever in need of something that makes you feel fierce and ready to conquer anything? Here you go. "Sax" didn't come out until the end of the year, but as soon as I heard it, it immediately became an essential during my commute to work.

Drag Me Down - One Direction
It doesn't take very long after meeting me to know how much I unabashedly love One Direction. Saying it was a roller coaster of a year to be a One Direction fan is an understatement, and their first single as a foursome sums up how I still feel about them, and hopefully myself.

You Might Also Like

40 comments

  1. i'm in love with everything in this playlist<3 great choice!
    www.rebelrebel.co x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 20,000 minutes of music? That's impressive! Cheerlead is a track that will always remind me of the summertime :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even properly start using Spotify till a little further into the year too haha. I've just always got music playing. Yes, what a great summer tune!!

      Delete
  3. Never heard of NONONO. They have a cool sound. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually only really listened to Pumpin Blood, but I do really like the song!

      Delete
  4. I've actually seen One Direction, Omi and James Bay this year performing. Love them!!

    Since you have such great taste, I'll give the others a listen as well.
    Thanks for the recommendations.

    I really enjoyed browsing through your blog. I've recently started my own blog and I would love to know what you think about it. That is only if you have the time.

    If you do decide to give it a quick read, you can find it at ---> https://anasdomain.wordpress.com/ .

    Lots of love,
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I saw 1D and James Bay, but didn't get a chance to see OMI. How was he?? Hope you enjoyed your concerts as much as I did!!

      Thanks so much! I'll definitely check out your blog. :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes! Love a good energetic playlist in the morning. :)

      Delete
  6. OMI is amazing! I LOVE his songs! :)


    XX,
    Photography & Fashion Blog

    CHRISTINA KEY
    www.CHRISTINAKEY.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only heard one or two others by him and have enjoyed them! I really should give him a closer listen!

      Delete
  7. Love this playlist! Thanks for sharing!!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this playlist!

    love, www.uniinstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful playlist, thanks for sharing! Happy New Year!
    Fashion Soup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete
  10. Great playlist, thanks for sharing! I'm always looking for new music!

    http://www.theaisleofstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding new music is one of my favorite things. :) Hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  11. Yay- thanks for providing me with a work playlist! :)
    xo
    N
    Style Tomes || Style Tomes on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime! :) Hope you like the tunes!

      Delete
  12. Great songs! Happy New Year!
    http://www.silkypearl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I only know a few of these songs, but that's actually kinda cool because I'm always on the lookout for new music so thanks for the suggestions! I think it's so cool you got to travel abroad so much, I hope I can do that one day! Happy 2016 :)

    Sam | http://mybeautycloud.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy!! It was definitely a once in a lifetime experience and I highly recommend taking the chance if it comes along. You too! :)

      Delete
  14. Great playlist. I'll have to listen to the ones I'm not familiar with. Thank you for the suggestions.
    ~Lili
    www.thefashionsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some of these songs - especially 1D's - I know, some I don't. I'll be heading over to listen to it on Spotify now. Nice playlist, Sora!

    Love, Richel. | Richel Goes Places

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy the ones you haven't heard before! Thank you!

      Delete

Don't Miss This

Playlist Necessities: Christmas Music Part 2

Twitter