Workout Playlist Necessities: New Politics, Walk The Moon, Jess Glynne, The Summer Set

8:00 AM

One thing I've noticed at the gym this entire month is... New Year's resolutions are so real. I haven't been back on campus in a while, but I can guarantee from past experiences that our gym is not typically as packed as it has been for the last month. If you go during peak hours, it might feel like all the lockers are taken and you have to wait for hours to even get on one machine.

Of course, now the struggle is to keep up these resolutions and turn them into actual habits for the rest of the year, not just for the month of January. Here are some songs off of my workout playlist that always keep me going!

Harlem - New Politics
This is usually the first song I play at the start of my workout - sometimes even when I'm still in the locker room. The beat and chanting at the beginning gets me straight into the right mindset to be productive.

Avalanche - Walk The Moon
"Avalanche" is a quirky, fun song that isn't all up in your face, but still energetic enough to not give up - or at least it is for me. Depending on my mood, it may not always be enough, but if I'm in the zone, this is the perfect song to get me to do another rep.

Don't Be So Hard On Yourself - Jess Glynne
An upbeat tempo with self-loving lyrics? Yes, please! I especially love to blast this one during a workout because we all know how easy it is to start hating everything at the gym.

Boomerang - The Summer Set
This song gets me moving no matter how I'm feeling. On top of that, when needed, it's my perfect distraction because I can't help but sing along. You know when a plank just feels like it's never. going. to. end?? That's when, for me, singing along to "Boomerang" makes it go by in a breeze!

You Might Also Like

36 comments

  1. Walk The Moon! So happy to see them on a playlist, I absolutely love them! Avalanche is such a fun song to workout to, well not that I know...I don't work out hahaha <3

    xx Bash | H E Y   B A S H | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no shame! Walk The Moon is one of those bands that I really like, but haven't yet explored the rest of their discography. I love the songs that I do know of theirs though!

      Delete
  2. I love Walk The Moon for a good workout song! Jess Glyne's works are superb, too!

    May | THE MAYDEN | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES to all of these! I am always looking for new workout songs! Nothing gets me going more than a high energy song! I find them so hard to find too! This post was super helpful! I am definitely adding these to my playlists!

    Shannon Sage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Finding a good workout song is so hard! I'm glad I could help :) happy working out!

      Delete
  4. AAAAH, I love Jess Glynne ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great playlist! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love new politics! I'm always on the hunt for new music and I absolutely love your taste in songs!

    XO Raquel
    www.lincolnparksharp.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Hope the others helped your hunt :)

      Delete
  7. Loved your suggestions! I'm adding Boomerang to my Workout Playlist!
    I've been totally into Faded by Alan Walker at the gym lately! (Or in my car. Really really loud.) Not so much for the lyrics but that beat just gets me!

    Xo Melissa
    Cherish & Bloom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Boomerang is one of my faves. I'll check out Faded! Thank you for your suggestion. :) I love hearing them!

      Delete
  8. Nice picks! I like Walk The Moon and Jess Glynne :)

    STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. No worries, everyone has different taste!

      Delete
  10. Love this playlist!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can totally see myself getting pumped with an upbeat playlist like this. :) I need to start getting my butt to the gym!
    xo
    N
    Style Tomes || Style Tomes on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I hope these help with motivation! ;)

      Delete
  12. loving the upbeat tunes!! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be adding one or two of your suggestions to my playlist as I've been building up an 'ultimate workout playlist' for the best part of five months now haha! Music plays such a huge part in how hard you workout :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I feel like building a workout playlist takes so long... I'm constantly changing what I have on mine. I'm glad I could help you build yours!!

      Delete
  14. Awesome selection! Yes to all of them!

    xo
    http://thepinkporcelaindoll.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm too lazy for workout but this soundtrack is really nice!!! Kisses from Italy and thank you for your visit,
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    Bloglovin of Eniwhere Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, there's nothing wrong with that! Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  16. Such a good playlist! It definitely makes a difference when you're working out. I'm so lazy at the moment, I definitely need to start exercising again

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, music is such a huge factor. It's okay, everyone gets into lazy spells!

      Delete
  17. Oeh! Great playlist! I love good, proper, work-outs songs! Get a lot of energy out of them!
    WritingMonique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's just so hard to find them. Thank you, glad you enjoyed!

      Delete

Don't Miss This

Playlist Necessities: Christmas Music Part 2

Twitter