January Favorites: Soy Logic, Lush, and Maybelline

9:00 AM

To be honest, I had a hard time thinking of what my January favorites were. I got pretty reckless with my spending at the end of 2015, but have managed to steer away from too many purchases so far - which is great for my bank account, but not so much for my favorites post!

After some thought, I realized I had rediscovered certain products this last month. It almost makes sense with the fact that I haven't messed up writing "2015" instead of "2016" on anything yet, but I have written "December" instead of "January." Yes? No? Okay, just me. Anyways, here are my January favorites!

1 - Soy Logic Pomegranate Lotion: I got this lotion at a Christmas market in Bryant Park and waited until I was moved into my apartment back at school at the beginning of January to start using it. Needless to say, I'm obsessed. It leaves my skin feeling so smooth, the furthest thing possible from winter dry skin, and it smells so good!

2 - Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara: I only started using this a couple weeks ago - one of my few purchases of the month. It took me a little while to get used to the longer bristles after using Benefit's Roller Lash for so long, but I love this one just as much too. By the end of my last mascara's lifespan, it started to clump up more, so it's nice to be back to not worrying about that anymore.

3 - Chi Omega New Member Pin: My one truly new thing of January! I joined my school's chapter of Chi Omega this semester and it's been such an amazing experience so far. We are the charter class of our chapter, so even though it's my final semester, it's been so much fun getting involved to get our foot off the ground and meeting all the girls.

4 - Zoella Body Mist: This is one of the products that was a rediscovery for me this month. I bought Zoella's body mist from Superdrug while I was studying abroad last year (can't believe it's already been a year!). I used it so scarcely while I was abroad because I knew I wouldn't be able to purchase it when I got back to the U.S., but now, it sits at the top of my dresser front and center and I've got no hesitation. I love the scent and it's the perfect finishing touch before I head out the door.

5 - Anthropologie 5-Year Journal: Believe it or not, I eyed this journal for the last two or three years. I resisted purchasing it because a five-year commitment sounded too daunting and if I did something like this, I wanted to make sure that it wasn't just a fleeting phase of wanting to do it, but actually being able to stick through the five years. Clearly, if I had started it when I wanted to, I would be over halfway through and I'd have a pretty cool journal to look back on. I realized while I was abroad that the last two years would have been the perfect time for me to do this with my experiences taking me all over the country and world. Unfortunately, I can't go back in time and change my mind. Fortunately, my best friend knew how badly I wanted to do this and she got me a copy for Christmas, and I've been filling it out dutifully every day!

6 - Lush Santa's Lip Scrub: Yes, I know it is no longer Christmas season, but I somehow forgot about this purchase when I went on a Lush craze back in December. It sat at the bottom of my bag as my bath bombs got used up, and then it sat on my counter untouched. I remembered I had gotten it while packing to move back to school and have loved using it since. A lip scrub really does make a difference. I am officially a convert.

You Might Also Like

42 comments

  1. This is such a great favourites post, darling! x I absolutely love the sound of the Zoella body mist - I've heard great things about it, but have yet to try it. :) x Lush lip balms are my fave, too, they always smell so yummy! Thanks for sharing. x

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I love it and definitely recommend it! Am wearing it now ;)

      Delete
  2. The 5-year Anthropologie is such a great idea! I always forget to buy a new one each year and end up without one for at least a week at first! The design of this particular diary is really lovely too, great choice :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The great part is if you wanted to start in the middle of the year, you could easily just jump to that date and start your five years from there! But I think we're the same way and I HAD to start on January 1 haha.

      Delete
  3. The Zoella perfume looks so pretty!! I want to try it :}

    Ps: It's nearly Friday YEY!
    Kisses,

    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should, it smells so fresh and great! TGI (almost) F!!!

      Delete
  4. Ahh I want the journal so bad, it's been on my radar for a while now! Maybe I'll have to treat myself to it next time I go on a Amazon spree. Love the look of the Lash Sensational too! Great picks :)
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it and can't wait to see how things change over the next few years!! I say go for it :) Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Gooodness yes! The maybelline mascara is great! It's the only thing I use!!! Great post :) xx

    -Mitzee

    mitzeeruth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's been so great!! So glad I finally purchased it. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. I love the Lash Sensational Mascara - it's so amazing xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always wanted to get my hands on Lush Santa but never seem to visit Lush at the right time!! Haha! Continue enjoying these product dear x

    Real Life Nerd // www.vivienekok.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, make sure to stock up next holiday season so you don't miss it!! Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Looove your favorites! I have the Q&A A day 5 year journal on my bedside table and it is a joy to answer a question before I head to bed so I'm glad I got it! I'm currently waiting for the Lash Sensational mascara to arrive at my country so that I could try it out

    Joyce // Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I do the same thing! It's part of my nightly ritual now. :) I hope it arrives soon because it really is amazing.

      Delete
  9. That 5-year journal sounds so interesting! I love journals and get one every year.

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it out! It's easy because you just answer one question a day, so it doesn't take too much time, so you could keep it alongside your yearly journals.

      Delete
  10. Great post! I have heard great things about the Lush lip scrub too! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of dismissed it for a while, but I'm glad I finally caved because it's wonderful!

      Delete
  11. I wanted the five year journal, such a good idea x

    eleanorfrances.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, Sora! Please please write about the Anthropologie 5-Year Journal. I wanna hear all about it!

    - Seyra x
    http://www.pavementsarerunways.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the idea, Seyra! I'll try to get a post up specifically about the journal soon for you!

      Delete
  13. Great favourites Sora. It's difficult not to love LUSH products, there is seriously something for everyone! Happy February. Great journal as well. <3 /Madison
    Beauty Talk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously!! You just can't go wrong haha. Thank you!

      Delete
  14. It seems a really good products Sora!!! Kisses from Italy and thank you for your visit,
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    Bloglovin of Eniwhere Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your faves too! Thanks for commenting on Qing's Style. I hope you always keep in touch!
    Check my feed too! @qingsstyle

    ReplyDelete
  16. i've been hearing a lot about the five year journals, they seem cool but i don't know if i could do it for that long haha! love the lip scrub as well :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my concern as well, but when I realized I was still thinking about it two years later, I decided might as well go for it! :)

      Delete

Don't Miss This

Playlist Necessities: Christmas Music Part 2

Twitter