Playlist Necessities: Beyonce. Obviously.

9:00 AM

My February has been so crazy lately and I've barely had enough time for studying, let alone posting regularly on here! I don't have an outfit post ready to go at the moment, so I figured there's no better way to try to get back to my posting schedule than with Queen Bey. After all, she always gives me the perfect motivation booster.

I promise this isn't completely random though - my friend managed to snag some Beyonce tickets for the Formation tour and our tickets arrived in the mail yesterday! I'm so excited because we're going on my birthday and it's the last day of the tour! I don't know why, but I just have this thing for first and last dates of tours, so that makes it even that much more special for me - on top of the fact that it'll be my first time seeing her in concert ever.

So, even though the concert is still four months away, since the tickets have arrived, here are four of my favorite Beyonce songs from her extensive repertoire.

Freakum Dress - Beyonce
I actually haven't listened to this song in way too long, but this was one of my first favorites, so it will always be on my list. I dare you to try to stay still with "Freakum Dress" playing. I double dog dare you.

I Was Here - Beyonce
On the complete opposite spectrum from "Freakum Dress," there's "I Was Here" and I'm filled with all emotions, fire, and ambition after every listen. It sums up how I want to live my life.

Crazy In Love - Beyonce ft. Jay Z
I mean... can I even start to compile a list of Beyonce tunes and leave this out? The answer is obviously no. This song gets everyone going from the second it starts.

XO - Beyonce
I just think this song is so beautiful and I love it more and more with each listen, which you wouldn't think is possible because of how much I already love it. There's just something about her breathy vocals on this track and the backing beat that gets to me.

Only picking four songs from Beyonce's incredible discography was probably the hardest thing I've had to do all day. I promise this is a far from a full list of my favorites.

You Might Also Like

59 comments

  1. Awesome! I absolutely had fun reading this. Have a fun-filled day!

    xoxo;
    STYLEFORMANKIND.COM
    Facebook
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Benyoce, she always made a beautiful music! Would you like to follow each other? if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN and Instagram please let me know so I can follow you back. Thank you.

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's such an incredible artist!! I'll check out your blog :)

      Delete
  3. I love Benyoce, she always made a beautiful music! Would you like to follow each other? if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN and Instagram please let me know so I can follow you back. Thank you.

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous you're heading to watch Queen B live! Her music totally slays and I love the songs you've chosen! x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg!!! so jealous you get to see beyonce's tour!!! aahhh!!

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still wrapping my head around it!! My friend told me while I was on the quiet floor of my school library and I had to hold in my excitement haha.

      Delete
  6. Who doesn't love a bit of Queen B in their lives?! Thanks for the playlist!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your post, great content!

    Have a great Wednesday!!

    MyLyfeMyStory

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool! I love Beyonce. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She's amazing, love her.

      Delete
  9. Oh congrats on getting tickets for the last tour date (and your birthday) that must be so exciting! My friend loooves Beyonce but I have to admit I tend to be more partial of her older songs like Irreplaceable or If I Were A Boy. Still love her though :)

    Sam | http://mybeautycloud.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I'm still on cloud nine about it haha. Her old stuff is amazing, so I don't blame you!

      Delete
  10. The post is fantastic! I love it so much!:)
    Have a nice day!

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun post, girlie! Thanks for sharing your fave songs with us and I hope you're having a great day so far :)

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the tickets! That sounds like such fun!! Great favourite songs!
    ~Lili
    www.thefashionsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. im so jealous. I tried getting tickets and had no luck. you are gonna have so much fun.

    xoxo,
    geri

    http://everydaylivingnyc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm sorry :( maybe there will be some tickets available on the day of or leading up to the concert! I've been able to get tickets to other concerts like that in the past.

      Delete
  14. Beyonce is queen! Well done nabbing tickets! Some great songs here :)

    Kate | themintedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She most definitely is!! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  15. So interesting post about Beyonce whose music I like to listen.
    Silvy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll most likely have Crazy In Love stuck in my head now for the next few days haha - I adore that song, no playlist is complete without it! ;)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I would say I'm sorry, but I don't think that's a bad thing :P Agreed!

      Delete
  17. Wow, you're going to see Beyonce live, that's so awesome! Really happy for you girl, and make sure to tell us all about it!! <3

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beyonce always slays it! Thanks for commenting on Qing's Style. I hope you always keep in touch!
    Check my feed too! @qingsstyle
    Yay for my blog giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100%. Couldn't have said it better myself.

      Delete
  19. I love watching Beyonce's 7/11 videos & dance along. So fun it is!

    xoxo Eva | www.evakindles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! It's always a party with her 7/11 video.

      Delete
  20. Beyonce is queen. "Bow down bitches" haha. Love all those songs!

    The Vera Vault | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, YES! My friend who got the tickets made a pumpkin last Halloween that said "Bow down witches." Thanks!!

      Delete
  21. It's definitely hard to pick just four favorites from all of her stuff. I totally get you on the whole first and last tour date thing, there's something special bout that. And the fact that it's on your birthday? It was meant to be! Haha the perfect way to celebrate your birthday! Soo jealous!

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    http://aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I set that challenge up for myself... I was doomed to fail haha. Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I'm not alone and you understand!! Thank you! I'm so excited :)

      Delete
  22. I wish you a less hectic March! Beyonce is great - I love xo! xxx

    www.naomella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I hope so! My calendar says otherwise, but I'm going to try. Thank you!

      Delete
  23. Oh my gosh, that's amazing!! Have SO much fun! xo, M
    mylifebeingrenewed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for share! Love beyonce

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beyonce is THE Queen. I'm sure you'll have an amazing time at her concert! Lucky girl!

    Camy xx
    www.osiarah.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Queen Bey!! Thank you, I can't wait!

      Delete
  26. Ahhh congrats on getting tickets! Such a good birthday treat!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are so lucky to get those tickets:) I should check if Beyonce has a concert in Montreal sometime soon; I just love her voice and lyrics:)

    Yuliannova

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Check her Formation Tour dates!

      Delete
  28. Amazing selection love! Will be waiting for outfits!:))
    Kira
    Kira Is Wearing
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'll definitely post my concert outfit. :)

      Delete

Don't Miss This

Playlist Necessities: Christmas Music Part 2

Twitter