My Rent the Runway Experience

7:56 PM

Dress - Elizabeth and James

Keeping up with a blog when life decides to get busier than ever is so hard, and I clearly failed at it. February somehow became the month that I barely had time to sleep, which meant I didn't have any time to blog, and then it went straight into my final spring break.

My best friend Summer and I traveled all over Europe together last year while we were studying abroad. During one of those weekend trips (the one to Dublin, I'm pretty sure), we decided it was time we saw more of America together too, so this spring break, we visited Washington D.C. for five days before going home for some family time.

While in D.C., we spent a day in Georgetown on the first day that truly felt like spring and popped into Rent the Runway just to take a peek and see if we might like anything for graduation in May. We had such a fun, calm, and positive experience that we walked out of there in actual awe of how easy of a shopping trip it had been. We hadn't even planned on looking for graduation dresses that day, and we both walked out with a dress waiting to be shipped to us come May.

I picked a lavender Elizabeth and James dress, seen in the pixelated screenshots above. I couldn't try on the dress in my actual size, but I immediately fell in love and didn't want to take it off even though it was slightly too small. I'm actually more excited for graduation now just because I can't wait to wear this dress again. It's on the simpler side with the cutest cutouts, which means I'll get to dress it up with all the accessories! (Okay, not all...)

All the ladies at Rent the Runway were so friendly and helpful. I wish there were a RTR store in Boston, so I could take advantage of going in and having this shopping experience more often. I regret that it took me this long to use RTR services, even though I knew about them since my freshman year of college. Finding my dress was definitely one of the highlights of my entire trip.


You Might Also Like

32 comments

  1. It's good to hear you've travelled a lately! good for you!

    http://danielpoonvignez.blogspot.hk
    Instagram: danielpoonvignez

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and funny video!You're amazing dear! :-) And you dress is absolutely fabulous!
    Have a great day!
    Kisses from Italy,
    Isabell
    www.spicybell.com
    https://www.instagram.com/_isabellzanoletti_/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fantastic trip! & that dress is lovely :)

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! It was wonderful! Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  4. Love your dress, looks really pretty. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard about Rent The Runway, but haven't had a chance to try them out since I really don't go anywhere lol. It's good that you had a great experience though, and that dress looks so pretty! I love the cutouts on the side. Great video too :)

    Sam | http://mybeautycloud.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, neither do I! It took me four years to finally try them out. I think they just opened stores though, and it really was so much fun. Thank you, Sam!

      Delete
  6. I've never tried RTR before, so reading your thoughts is very helpful! The dress is beautiful, the shade of purple looks wonderful on you! Thanks so much for sharing, beauty, and I hope you're having a great day so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't tried them until renting this dress, but I definitely recommend them, especially if you're near a store and can go in! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Thank you so much :) You too!

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad you had a positive experience. I've never tried Rent the Runway, so it's nice to read about a person's experience. Your dress was lovely. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first time and definitely a great one! I recommend them if an occasion comes up :) Thank you!

      Delete
  8. You look amazing, love the color of your dress. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Yes! My eyes went for it immediately.

      Delete
  10. Such a fun and cute video! It sounds like you've had an amazing time and I cannot wait 'til I'll be able to travel around both Europe and America as well! The dress looks gorgeous - you're gonna be so beautiful at graduation! xx


    Filippa ⎮ Always a Dot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Traveling is so much fun and I hope you get to do it soon. If you ever need tips on certain locations, just let me know. :) Aw, thank you so much, that's very sweet. <3

      Delete
  11. Great choice on the dress, you look absolutely lovely in it! I bet you'll look amazing on your graduation day!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shireen! I appreciate it :)

      Delete
  12. I had no idea RTR was opening stores now! They must be really profiting well, as brick and mortar stores are quite expensive to keep up. I love the color you chose, and I bet it'll look amazing on you for graduation!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither did I! I was really surprised when I saw it, but it is beautiful inside as well. They've only got a few locations right now, but if you're near one, I think it's definitely worth popping in even just for a look. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  13. Your video is so great!! It seems you had such an amazing time with your friend, I loved watching it :)
    Your Elizabeth and James' dress is so beautiful Sora, lucky girl!

    Camy xx
    www.osiarah.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Camy :) I appreciate that. Thank you!

      Delete
  14. Looks like you had a lovely time! Love the dress. :)
    http://skylish.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved the video, really funny

    Hope you’re having a Fabulous Sunday! Kisses,
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss This

Playlist Necessities: Christmas Music Part 2

Twitter