The Liebster Award

10:00 AM

March has - yet again - become a crazy time in my life, so I haven't been able to update as often as I'd like. However, I was very excited when Filippa from Always a Dot nominated me for The Liebster Award. If this is your first time hearing about it, The Liebster Award is a tag for smaller blogs to help get to know each other and cross promote. Filippa set up 11 questions for me to answer for my tag, so here goes nothing!



Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I needed to start focusing on the things that made me happy again, as I described in my first post. I was at a point in my life where I wasn't happy with how I was dealing with situations and I wanted to make a change for myself. My blog became an outlet.

What's your best tips on how to stay organized when blogging?
I'm probably not the best person to give advice on this right now because of how inconsistent I've been lately! What I do try to do, however, is have a list of blog post ideas that I can add to whenever I come up with something. I, then, have a separate planner that I can figure out a schedule in, so I don't go weeks at a time without posting. I've been so busy that I haven't been able to stick to that schedule, but that would be some tips I would share!

Who is the one person, living or dead, that you would like to meet and why?
Beyonce. I don't even have to meet her. I can just be a fly on the wall and I'd be content.

What is your dream job?
This has changed recently to an "I have no idea," but growing up, I would've said Teen Vogue or Seventeen editor, hands down.

What is your favorite social media platform and why?
Instagram! It's the one I find myself checking the most. I love visuals and it's amazing to see how gorgeous some people's pictures are. It's fun being able to keep up with my friends through photos of what they've been up to.

How did you choose the blog name you have?
I go into a little more depth about my blog name in my About Me, but in a nutshell, Via Sora is a street that I stumbled on in Rome with some friends a few years back. Since my name is Sora, I chose it for my blog title because I hope to give a glimpse into life Via Sora.

What is your favorite quote?
I have way too many! I definitely went through a huge quotes phase in high school. I still love them now, but am not as consumed by them as I was in high school. Some of my favorites are:

"Happy girls are the prettiest." - Audrey Hepburn
"The bigger the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it." - Scott Moir


What do you like about blogging?
For me, blogging has helped me reconnect with the things that make me happy, going back to why I started blogging. It's given me a space that forces me to focus on those things and to stomp out the negativity and anxiety in my life. I also love being so completely jealous over everyone else's closets! Seeing other people's fashion posts always inspires me in my daily life.

What do you dislike about blogging?
Even though I'm a small blog and I do this for myself, I feel the pressure to update regularly and when I get busy, like I have been for the entirety of this semester so far, it falls off my priorities. It feels like I'm neglecting something when I have to push blogging to the side.

What is your favorite tv-series?
Scandal, Friends, Jane the Virgin, and Suits! There are most definitely more. I'm terrible with favorites.

Which is your favorite of the blog posts you've written?
I think Getting Red Carpet (or Prom) Ready is one of my favorites because of how much fun I had putting it together! I love looking at prom dresses and ballgowns, even if I have no need for them, so being able to put that together was perfect for me!

Now, I nominate:
1. Melissa of Cherish & Bloom
2. Seyra of Pavements are Runways
3. Samantha of My Beauty Cloud
4. Kira of Kira is Wearing
5. Camy of Osiarah
6. Shannon of Shannon Sage
7. Raquel of Lincoln Park Sharp
8. Lina of Lina Khalifa
9. Darcia of Darcia
10. Raj of What Raj Wants
11. Ana of Indie Suns

The rules of the Liebster Award are:
1. Thank the blog that nominated you!
2. Answer the questions set by the blog you were nominated by.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers.
4. Set 11 new questions for your nominees to answer.

My 11 questions are:

1. Why and when did you start blogging?
2. If there is one thing you could change about your blog, what would it be?
3. Are there any bloggers you look up to?
4. If you could get anyone in the world to write a guest post, who would it be and why?
5. What has been the most rewarding thing about blogging?
6. What has been the most challenging thing about blogging?
7. What is your favorite genre of music?
8. Describe your style in three words.
9. Describe your blog in three words.
10. Did you have a good day? Or if your day is just starting, what are your plans today?
11. What is something that made you smile today?

You Might Also Like

76 comments

  1. I love reading the Liebster award questions and answers! & I love the story of how you came up with your blog name!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's definitely one of my favorite roads. :)

      Delete
  2. Love your post!!

    Hope you had a great long weekend!!

    Thanks for the support and thoughtful words on my recent post, I deeply appreciate it!!

    MyLyfeMyStory


    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post and what a beautiful photo of you. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard many great things about Jane the Virgin, I'm thinking I'll need to binge watch that one on Netflix soon!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, definitely!! I love that show so much (obviously, haha). I tell everyone I know to watch it. :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the nomination, beautiful! It was so fun reading more about you, I loved the little story on how you came up with your blog name, it was fate! :) Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you have a great week ahead!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jalisa! That's what I like to think too ;)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for nominating me Sora, I look forward to answering your questions! :)

    I loved reading about you; Instagram is my favorite platform as well! It's actually really hard for me to stick to a schedule and post good pictures, but I go on constantly to check out other feeds and whatnot - the visual aspect is so enticing to me. Also, that picture of you is gorgeous with the dress and vivid flowers :)

    Sam | http://mybeautycloud.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been so busy and away from blogging, but of course, I can't wait to read your answers! I'm always on Instagram, even if I don't have anything to post - it's a bad addiction! Thank you, Sam :)

      Delete
  7. You're soo cute! Love your blog! Can we follow each other? I'll follow you back if you follow me! Visit me! www.fantailflo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. loved reading this post. got a little insight of why you love blogging. I think I would have said the same thing about that dream job. I think it was the hills and lauren Conrad that got me thinking about that. lol.

    xoox,
    geri

    http://everydaylivingnyc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, I never watched The Hills, but definitely love Lauren :)

      Delete
  9. I can certainly understand the "I have no idea" dilemma when it comes to jobs. Sometimes you just have to live life & experience more to determine what works best for you. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, agreed! It's a little scary when graduation is right around the corner, but it's alright :)

      Delete
  10. I always wanted to be an editor of a fashion too after seeing films like '13 Going on 30' haha. Sadly, I don't think it's to be. I'd still love to work in some form of journalism at some stage I think. Also, your blog name is fab, and what a cool story that it is a street in Rome! xx

    Beth | Alphabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, what a classic film! I'm a journalism major, so I'm all for encouraging people to get into journalism. ;) Thank you so much!

      Delete
  11. Congrats on the nomination! It was nice to get to know you a bit better! xoxo

    www.naomella.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you came up with your blog name and that Audrey Hepburn quote is the best. It's so nice to get to know you better through these questions.
    ~Lili
    www.thefashionsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was such an interesting read, and gorgeous picture :) x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your reason for starting blogging and I have a feeling we're all with you when it comes to meeting Beyonce haha! I've heard quite a few people lately praise Jane The Virgin as a programme, I may just give it a go sometime soon :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I'd be surprised if someone didn't want to! Yes, you absolutely should! It's such a great show - what I love is that it's different from anything on right now, Jane is such a strong female character, and it's representing Latinas as regular people instead of harmful stereotypes.

      Delete
  15. Ohh absolutely loved reading this tag and finding out a little more about you, hun! <3 x x I like the little story behind your blog name and that it has a meaning - I always wondered what it meant and now I know. :) x Kisses! x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, Kay! Glad I could share :)

      Delete
  16. awesome post! thanks for sharing! :D

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  17. So fun and interesting to read your answers to my questions! I feel like Instagram is the main platform for most bloggers - and I can understand why, I'm addicted! I definetely see what you mean by the pressure to post consistently, to me it's really overwhelming at times and it can get a bit too much, I really want to try and change and come up with a system where I can post when I'm inspired! Loved the story about your blog name as well, I had no idea! xx

    Filippa ⎮ Always a Dot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posting consistently can definitely get overwhelming! ...as I just proved by not being on my blog for almost a month! Yikes! But it's difficult sometimes and we don't want it to become a chore. I love that system of posting when you're inspired. Thank you!

      Delete
  18. I love reading this post and especially why you chose your blog name! <3
    Angie | Chocolate & Lipstick | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely! Great to know you better. Have a great weekend dear :)

    xoxo Eva | www.evakindles.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I also really stand by blogging being a great outlet, it's definitely helped me stay sane through certain periods. :)

    http://skylish.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I'm glad we've both found it as a platform. :)

      Delete
  21. I also really stand by blogging being a great outlet, it's definitely helped me stay sane through certain periods. :)

    http://skylish.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hola guapa..te acabo de conocer ¿Quieres que nos sigamos por GFC? me encantaría.
    Te espero en http://sonymingoss.blogspot.com.es/
    Besos:-))

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am loving your tag! I definitely can relate to your answers! I loved getting to know you better! You are gorgeous!
    lovelywoodland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great awards, I've heard alot of it.

    Kisses,
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's definitely so hard to keep up with a blog schedule especially when life gets hectic. I have failed to update regularly lately too.

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was me for the past month :( Trying to get back to it though!

      Delete
  26. Congrats to this award Sora! Thanks for your wonderful comment on Qing's Style Please always keep in touch, I would love to hear from you!

    Follow me @qingsstyle on Instagram and Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on the nomination, I loved reading this! Happy girls are the prettiest is one of my favourite quotes too, it means so much and has so much context these days :) Have a lovely week ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Sora and thank you for stopping at my blog!!! Congratulations for your nomination...I'm realy happy for you!!! Have a nice day, kisses from Italy,
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    Eniwhere Fashion Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love reading this. I'll support you with your dream of becoming a Teen Vogue editor. Just wow! I always visit instagram too. Haha! :) Can we be instagram friends? What's your ig? Mine is @shairangelique :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA // New Post- Moto Jacket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thank you, maybe one day! :P I just followed you! Mine is @sora_romana.

      Delete
  30. OMG! You nominated me! I feel so happy, thank you so much! I can't wait to do this tag, you're the best! P.S. I really enjoyed reading this and getting to know more about you :)
    xx
    Ana
    Indie Suns | Bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet! Of course! I can't wait to go back and read your answers. Thank you :)

      Delete
  31. Congrats on the award! Woot woot! AND YOU WATCH JANE THE VIRGIN TOO?! I freaking LOVE IT! It's so hard to find someone who loves it too! I love the whole darn show! <3

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOSH! I feel completely the same way! It's such a popular and successful show, but then I feel like I don't know anyone who watches it. LOVE that you watch it too :)

      Delete
  32. Wonderful blog! I love and i follow your blog, please follow me too
    http://alamodenatine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. congratulations

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. I was actually just doing one, and was about to nominate you, only to find out you've already done it and nominated me! Thanks so much! Great answers, btw x

    Lina / lina-khalifa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, of course! I can't wait to read your post and find out more about you :)

      Delete
  35. I didn't knew there's still Liebster Award. Did this too on my first blog :)

    STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, everything lives on on the internet! :)

      Delete

Don't Miss This

Playlist Necessities: Christmas Music Part 2

Twitter