Exploring NYFW and 29 Rooms

11:00 AM


Dress - Boohoo
Shoes - Adidas
Hat - Primark
Bag - Coach

Before my unexpected hiatus, I was able to check out Refinery29's exhibit 29 Rooms for New York Fashion Week. With my hands frozen during my commute on Friday, it's hard to imagine a time when I started sweating the second I stepped outside, but that's how it was in the beginning of September.

I remember struggling with wanting to dress for the insane wait in the heat because 29 Rooms was so popular, but also dealing with being in New York City. Between subways and wind tunnels, dressing for the city can be a nightmare during the summer (or summer-like fall months?).

Just before NYFW, I got a huge Boohoo order, meaning I was super excited to wear anything from my new items. I couldn't wait for this black T-shirt dress because 1. it says unicorn, duh, and 2. T-shirt dresses are so easy and effortless. I went for a sportier look with my (still dirty, oops) Adidas sneakers and ended up adding a velvet hat (that is actually Lindsey's) as an attempt to block the sun. Spoiler alert: I was still very hot.


Back to the exhibit, 29 Rooms was so much fun and, if you're in the city for the next one, you should definitely try to go! It's free, but requires some patience as the line can get very long. As you can guess from the name, there are 29 different rooms, each set up with a different theme ranging from the bubbles room to the panda room.

To make it even better, the event, which Refinery29 called an "art and fashion funhouse," was all interactive and you know you're going to get at least one perfect Instagram shot from one of the rooms. 


You Might Also Like

44 comments

  1. I love when exhibits are interactive. It definitely makes it more fun when it involves people. It looks like so much fun! Also love that dress! It could double as a Halloween "costume" too haha

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It makes it so much more fun and keeps you from getting bored. Haha, I almost used it this weekend, actually! :P Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Looks like it was a super cool experience!
    xx
    LA VEINE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the idea of 29 different rooms, I bet many photos were taken that day! Isn't that panda room what dreams are made of? The question is, did they have a chocolate room!?

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way too many photos!! Omg, the panda room was so much fun! Thankfully, one of the workers told us to get there early, so we missed a lot of the line. There wasn't a chocolate specific room, but there was a room where they were giving out chocolate!

      Delete
  4. Love the idea of this :)

    Great blog post!!

    www.londonstylegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an adorable set of photos.The exhibition looks really good. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whaaat, this sounds amazing, especially being free! I love that it's interactive too, that's half the fun lol. 29 rooms kiiiinda sounds like a lot, but at the same time, leaves room for lots of different themes. I'm sure it was so fun, I wish I was in the area! Love the t-shirt dress too :)

    Sam | My Beauty Cloud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's such an enormous, fun exhibit for no cost - the best part, haha. It's definitely a lot. My friends and I were EXHAUSTED by the end, but it was so much fun. Hopefully you can visit and attend one next year or in the future. :) Thank you!

      Delete
  7. How cute was this post, it sounds amazing.
    Have a lovely week ;)

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG THOSE PANDAS THO! Super adorable! And I love reading Refinery29 <3

    Oh Dear Bumblebees

    ReplyDelete
  9. So jealous that you we're able to attend NYFW! That is on my never ending bucket list related to blogging and fashion <3. Can't wait to see all the Boohoo pieces you got!

    xoxo Rina
    http://www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get to any shows this year, but this exhibit was part of NYFW, so I'm pretending it counts haha. Thanks! They will all be shared eventually :)

      Delete
  10. I really love the concept behind 29 rooms - they must have been SO much fun to explore! This Unicorn t-shirt dress is super cute on you by the way, I've been loving Boohoo lately too :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun, but also tiring! There was no AC and it was on one of the hottest days, so it was a lot to handle, but we made it through! Boohoo always has what you're looking for and more haha. Thank you, Gabrielle!

      Delete
  11. Lovely outfit
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely photos :)

    www.abdelkhalekleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These shots are so fun! Loved the fur collar! Have a lovely week! <3

    Andreea,
    http://couturezilla.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photos are sooo cute! This looks like an amazing experience too. :)

    Joyce | Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is so amazing

    thedaydreamings.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is so cute! I love the idea of making these backgrounds <3 If only I live near the place, I'd probably go there too! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great experience! I hope you get to attend something like it :)

      Delete
  17. Looks like a lot of fun! Glad you enjoyed it :)

    http://skylish.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss This

Playlist Necessities: Christmas Music Part 2

Twitter